The chances of getting hacked or involuntarily drafted into a botnet are ever increasing due to the rising number of smart home products. Fortress UTM is a unified threat management appliance aimed at protecting home networks from cyber threats, particularly those related to IoT.
Fortress UTM gives consumer home networks intrusion detection and prevention, firewall and anti-virus, while also providing attacker behavior detection and vulnerability assessments. The NXP ARM-powered Fortress UTM is a dual band 3x3 802.11ac router with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and includes a 7” touch screen that displays a red, yellow, green indication of overall network status.
Fortress will also offer three service plans for the Fortress UTM appliance that will fortify home networking monitoring, including a staffed CyberGuard 24/7 security service in the executive tier.
Details regarding availability and pricing were not announced.
Most Read This Week
- VLAN How To: Segmenting a small LAN
- ZyXEL GS1900-8HP 8-port GbE Smart Managed PoE Switch Reviewed
- TRENDnet TPL-421E2K Powerline 1200 AV2 Adapter Kit with Built-in Outlet Reviewed
- NETGEAR FR114P 4 Port Cable/DSL ProSafe Firewall/Print Server Review
- Cisco RV-345P Dual WAN Gigabit PoE VPN Router Reviewed
Over In The Forums
Don't Miss These